5 ways to Activate Aging Grace:
- Old is new – Romans 8:28-29, 35-39
This is a beginning of a new adventure
- Let God be mold you – Genesis 37:3-4
Allow people and experiences to shape you
- Know that you are called by God – Exodus 4:1-17
Create a mission statement for the latter third of life.
- It’s okay to be vulnerable – Ruth 1:1-17
Aging brings with it many changes that require emotional and mental adaptation—but our loving God is in control.
2. You are getting nearer to God – Psalm 4
Losing our grip to human attachments – moving us into a greater relationship with him that should not be limited because of our age.
Identify & Integrate:
- Seek wisdom and Knowledge – Read Gods Word on Aging and develop a ritual embedding it into your heart.
- Pray for Gods understanding of beauty and youth and remove vanity, doubt, or fear.
- Change your perspective on things and approach aging as an adventure.
- Honor those around you who are aging.
- Be mindful of self and others
- Revisit Gods word and listen to his direction for you
Dear God, grant me the grace to know that no matter what I look like, I was created beautifully by you. Help me to see continue to see myself in your image and those I observe losing what we believe to be beauty during the aging process. Help me spread love and kindness, support and help to the aging mentally spiritually and physically. As I help myself, let the light you gave me shine for others.