Dear Lord, we come to asking that you open our hearts to the message we share today in this bible study. As we listen to your word and direction, let a revelation of knowledge come to us, giving us the ability to hear, feel, and act on what we learn . Let us remember that you can free us from any bondage, allowing us to enjoy the promised desires of our heart. Thank you for giving us the direction we need this year to understand, act be present in you and in this fellowship.
Edge God In Podcast Week 20: Releasing the Bondage – Open Up to God’s Plan for Your Life
In a previous podcast: Negativity Detox Step 2, we explored high noticing around those negative behaviors that block our ability to make God recognizable. This podcast will take it a step further by digging deeper into releasing and bringing awareness to any bondage you have, so that you can experience what God has for you.
“Start turning your focus on what he wants from us and not what we want from him”.
What is Bondage? It is the state of being a slave. Being servitude or subjugation to a controlling person or force.
What is Spiritual Bondage? It is defined as being in bondage to sin. Two scriptures in the bible call our attention to this:
- Acts 8:23: “For I see that you are in ithe gall3 of bitterness and in jthe bond of iniquity.”
- Romans 6:6: We know that your old self1 was crucified with him in order that ythe body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin.
Spiritual bondage goes beyond demonic possessions because bondage occurs in anything that keeps us for living the life God has for us. We need to be mindful of 1 John 4:4; “Greater is He who lives inside of me than He who lives in the world”, knowing that we have the power to overcome anything!
Below are steps you can take to move into what he has promised using these scripture to release strongholds.
- Know your Opponent: Do you know who is against you. Is it your co-worker, the person spreading gossip about you, or is it your own self destruction? In the Garden of Eden it was the devil that tempted man. We have to be mindful that the battle is not ours, and is not people-based, it’s spiritual. Identify your opponent, his strategies and tactics and be empowered through the Holy Spirit to stop them or you.
- Stop re-occurring destruction habits: These ultimately lead to our demise are strongholds. Spiritual warfare’s main playing field is the mind, thoughts, and imaginations. Focus on (2 Corinthians 10:5). 5 “Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ”. Again, that might be you or your own self-destructive attitudes holding you back.
- Accept that the battle has been won: Jesus said in Matthew 28:18 “All power and authority is mine”, so if you’re in Christ have won. Many of us must understand that we are not walking in the power and authority that Christ died to given to us.
- Speak, Think, and Claim Transformation: There is power in our words and thoughts. The entire book of Ephesians shares the inheritance that God prepared for you and the rich blessings he intended for your life.
- Pray, and Declare God’s Direction. Psalm 25- 4-1: “Make me know Your ways, O LORD; Teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, For You are the God of my salvation; For You I wait all the day”. Ask the Holy Spirit to guide and direct your prayers. Don’t just ask for things, but ask for his direction. Use your words to declare, decree and establish the authority of God’s word in your life over negative spiritual influences
Identify & Integrate:
Get rid of Conviction Around Dark Deeds
Conviction is the thing that brought me to God in the first place by the feelings of “needing to get right with God.” Conviction of the Holy Spirit is what kept falling on me in the club.
Repentance is getting raw honest with God. Talking to him about what we’re feeling. Hiding nothing. Withholding nothing. Throwing our guts up before God and getting the whole rotten mess out before him. Repentance is how God cleanses the deepest places of our soul.
Having a teachable heart is vital for knowing God more, for keeping what we’ve already attained in him, and for actively engaging with God from day to day—even being used by him. Having a teachable disposition before God not only blesses him, it allows him to use us in greater measures.
Intercession is living in a place of open dialogue with God for you and for others. Where conviction draws us to God, intercession keeps us before God. It positions him in the most prominent place for everything pertaining to life, to godliness, to his will and work in our lives, as well as his will and work in others.
- Meditate on the Word of God
- Memorize at least 1 scripture (embedding it into your heart)
- Support and Prayer.
Dear Lord, we come to you bolding asking that you find mercy and grace to help us in time of need. Grant us the release from any bondage or strongholds of the enemy so that we can be open to what you would have us do. Help us to be mindful that Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil and all that commands powers of darkness so we own the victory not him. We have the heavenly intercession of the holy spirit, that answers our prayers and leads us to your perfect will. Today we rebuke any bondage we are suffering from and accept and open ourselves to the good works you have in store for us. Thank you for the opening and direction, in Jesus name … amen.
~Estella & Lauren