The one thing that we are constantly searching for is Love. But who and what is the source of this emotion? And what does “love” look like? The answers are throughout the bible, but I have shared five scriptures that demonstrate the ultimate love of God.
- He sacrificed his only son to save us.
- He made us more than conquerors.
- He loves us when we are deep into our trespasses.
- He died for us even though we were sinners.
- He saves, rejoices, and quiets us.
John 3:16 – For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Romans 8:37-39 – No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Ephesians 2:4-5 – But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ— by grace you have been saved …
Romans 5:8 – but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
5) Zephaniah 3:17 – The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.
God’s love is our example and foundation. Be happy in knowing this!!